Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Compendium of Curiosities.....

Health warning........my grandson Ethan has Chicken Pox, so we have been looking after him instead of going to nursery and today the itching has started.....poor thing although luckily he hasn't got many on his face, just got to wait now and see if anyone else goes down with it.
Yay I've managed to join in the challenge early.....well it is for me as I usually enter on Sunday afternoons, I've gone for another valentine card......well its only a couple of weeks away, the shop is full of hearts and teddies at  the moment, we're all loved up at work. I've tried a couple of techniques on this card, the background paper of the main card has a white wash over the top and then I stamped and embossed hearts in red, the sentiment stamps are by 'A Catslife'.......the amour and valentine sentiment, the image is from Crafty Individuals and is framed in a metal tag frame which along with the other metal sentiment follows the technique....Altered metal with paint, the details can be found on page 48 in A Compendium Of Curiosities. The background has then been embossed with the heart stamp but embossed with clear this time. All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.



Challenges

Compendium of Curiosities......altered metal with paint.
Simon says Stamp and show.......show some love.
Papertake......anything goes with flowers.
Simon Says.....love is in the air.
Creative Beli ......use jewels eg. pearls,rhinestones.
Crafty Creations.....red roses.

Thanks for taking a peek
your comments are greatly appreciated
hugs

26 comments:

Terry said...

Ohh your poor grandson, the chickenpox...both of my kids had it and nope there is nothing worse then iching. So I really hope it will be gone real soon. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull Some Love creation with the DT team from Simon Says Stamp and Show, just love the roses...and the image is just great. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Terry xxx

Vixx handmade cards said...

This is amazing Daniele, fabulous creation and I love all those gorgeous flowers too:o)

Wow more Chicken Pox!, I know so many peeps with this at the mo and I hope your grandson feels better soon hun :o)

hugs Vicky xx

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous card Daniele, hope your grandson feels better soon. xx

Nancy said...

Beautiful!!!


Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Netty said...

Oh wow Daniele this is a totally gorgeous card and loving your altered metal ooooh and all the rest.
Poor little Ethan, hope he will be OK soon. Annette x

Yelowflower said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful!

Shelann said...

Very pretty, many nice details.

Linda S. said...

Your card is beautiful. So many details to enjoy. I love how you did the placement. Poor Ethan, there is nothing more sad than a sick little kid...except that it brings on some of the best snugglin' a Grandma ever gets. Enjoy!!

Ali said...

Oooh that is *so* pretty! Love the whole vintage feel to it and the flowers are gorgeous.

Hope your grandson feels a lot better soon!

Ali

georgina said...

Absolutely gorgeous Daniele,classical,thanks for showing on T>I>O>T> luv Georginaxx

Karen W said...

Wow this is amazing. I love all of the components in this. Just gorgeous and thanks for joining us at Creative Belli

Shelly Hickox said...

This is incredibly beautiful - I'm totally blown away!

Dawn said...

Beautiful this really works. and the metal sentiment is just YUMMY

Love Dawn xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Om My so sorry to hear about the Chicken Pox, not fun at all! I hope no one else gets them!

Oh Daniele This is GORGEOUS, Swoon... You really outdid yourself on this one!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Daniele, love all the details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

True :) said...

Beautiful card Daniele!
Hope your grandson stops itching soon. Poor little guy!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

jdmommy said...

Chicken pox at any age is no fun! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Ildiko said...

Now I know why Mesi got chiken pox lol poor think hates the camomille lotion.
Your card Danielle as usual just gorgeous, thanks playing along with TIOT
hugs
Ildiko

Chrissie said...

Poor Ethan, hope he's over it soon.
This card is absolutely stunning Daniele, I love your style!
lol Chrissie xx

Barbara Mason said...

Wow! How gorgeous and romantic! Love the card and the metal piece...just beautiful...

Linda Ledbetter said...

Daniele, I hope your grandson is getting over his chickenpox quickly!

Your valentine is just stunning! I love how you combined all these pretty elements with such finesse, and the altered metal tag frame and sentiment plate look great. Those roses! Wow, absolutely gorgeous, girl!

Julie Forest said...

Lovely, lovely piece!! Love the rich, vibrant colors and all the flowers are simply gorgeous! :)

elsi67 said...

Lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous Valentine..sooo artsy and vintage...I just love all the details you added!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful project- I love all of the beautiful flowers and the pretty image. Ohhh all three of my kids had the Chicken Pox....I hope it goes away quickly!