Thursday 2 January 2014

New Challenge.....

Morning to you all, todays post was a New Years Eve request, Heather from My Artistic Adventures is starting a new challenge blog and I popped by to leave a comment congratulating her on her new venture, we got chatting and she asked me to be a guest designer on the very first post, well me being me said yes......when do you want the project finished by.......Tomorrow, so New Years Eve I spent the evening fussy cutting images and the next morning making these 2 projects for her, well I actually made 3 but I'm saving one for later.
Heather creates digital collage sheets and you can find them here at her Etsy store, I love vintage designs and with glitter they make a perfect combination.

I had a play with the following sheets




So this what I came up with, lots of bling and glitter so get your shades out.
The first is a mini easel using the second sheet, I folded a sheet of  card and then used the  
patterned paper as a template, then just built up the layers with pearls, lace and flowers.
 The glitter doesn't show that well but the cherub is edged with pink glitter, if you click on the images you will get a more detailed look.
Flowers are from Wild Orchid, the lace is so old its as vintage as me, only a few more yards left
will be gutted when its all gone. 






such a sweet cherub, just had to add glitter and glossy accents to that hat


Had so much fun creating these as it was raining outside and I was in my craft room having a play, oh and several cups of tea to keep me going, problem is glitter gets everywhere so I now need to have a clean up

Don't forget to pop over to the new challenge blog and join in the fun

Challenges
Really Reasonable Ribbons....Pink and ribbon
Creative Knockout........all that glitters
CRAFT.....anything goes.





12 comments:

Heather said...

Daniele~ These are both Gorgeous!!
I love that you got them done so super quick!! I am always a last minute creator...:0) Thank you for Designing for me...I look forward to seeing your other creation too!!
Big Hugs
Heather

2amscrapper said...

How wonderful for Heather that you agreed to guest! Lovely creations!

Shea said...

Oh my, you did these the night before they were due??! These are AMAZING! Love the frilly, blingy details that make one want to reach out and touch them. Simply gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the other one too!

Carol Salisbury said...

Your card is gorgeous and that tag is super cute!

Netty said...

Loving your gorgeous card and tag, Annette x

Sandi McLean said...

I am in love with your details! Both projects are sweet, your easel card is so in the style of many of the vintage ones I have.

Sue said...

WOW! These are gorgeous Daniele, well worth all your hard work.
I love the cute images and such beautiful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Great job! I love that these have such an awesome found/altered art feel but they are also repeatable as well. Thanks for sharing at Creative Knockouts.

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, super delightful pieces Daniele.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lynn Stevens said...

Precious as can be!!!!
hugs Lynn

Bonnie Garby said...

Great projects Daniele and I love those digi's! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Unknown said...

LOVE your vintage projects!

Thank so much for joining us at RRR!

Jenn
DT