Sunday 13 November 2016

Christmas makes......

Morning to you fellow crafty bloggers, I have been away for quite a while now and thought it was time to share some of the cards I have been making but not blogging, I must admit to not feeling up to is as for the past six weeks I have spent every afternoon in hospital visiting my Mum who fell and broke her hip but because she has dementia her progress has been slow and her dementia has got worse, it's a cruel disease as there have been a couple of days when Mum has been herself again but there are more days when she has become lost to us and has been very agitated. We have now had to go and look at nursing homes for her as she is pretty much bed ridden but a couple of the places we visited gave us nightmares with the conditions and staffing levels, we knew that Mum would end up back in hospital real soon again, how these places get to continue is beyond me the standards are so low.
Anyway onto my Christmas card that I have just made featuring a few Crafty Individual stamps, the image has been coloured in with copics as my Son added another set to my collection as a birthday present and of course you never have quite the right colours so you end up buying more........we all been there yes!


The green background I created by using a brayer and Fresco acrylic paints, after which I stamped the dictionary definition onto it CI 396 , on a spare bit I stamped and embossed the word Noel CI 446, the Santa image CI 396 I cut out and mounted over a piece of lace.
Thanks for taking a peek
hugs n smiles

4 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Your card is beautiful Danielle - love your colouring and the decadent lace. I really empathise with all you are going through with your Mum. I do hope you can locate a kind and safe nursing home for her very soon. Not at all easy. Nicola xx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card Daniele. Sorry to read about your mum, I remember having to look for care for an old aunt with the same condition.
Keep looking, I'm sure you will find a safe and homely place for her. Don't be rushed into anything you are not happy with.
Yvonne xx

Pat said...

Such a beautiful vintage card Daniele, love everything about it. I have so missed your lovely creations recently but so sorry to read about your Mum, I do hope you find a nursing home suitable for her soon I know it can be such a worry finding the right care. Hugs.

Pat xx

Ally said...

HI Daniele
Long time no hear (or read? lol)! I love your xmas card, wish I was ready with mine ha ha.
xoxo, Ally