Monday 2 January 2017

Sad farewell.............

Morning fellow bloggers wishing you all a very happy new year, hopefully this one will be a little less sad as we said goodbye to so many people. Unfortunately my Mum was one of those people, she passed away in my arms on Sunday 18th December, she has struggled with dementia for many years but we refused to accept it and carried on with life as near normal as possible with her going to garden centres, cream teas and play areas with Zach, my Tuesdays won't be the same any more especially come September when Zach goes to school full time. I guess I'll just catch up with my crafting that has been put on the back burner these past few months. I did forget to post this last Christmas card that I made with the new stamp CI...462 large Christmas tree.


I just stamped the background with the new snowflake stamps using broken china and chipped sapphire and added splashes of water to soften the colours, The snowflakes are wooden toppers that I brought in Sainsbury's and then used frantage and a gem stone on the top to finish.
This year I hope to get back into doing challenges as I neglected my blog so much as well as catching up with you guys.
Hugs and Smiles

7 comments:

MagsB said...

Oh Danielle, I am so sorry. *Hugs*

love Mags B x

Paper Profusion said...

My condolences to you Daniele, at this very sad time for you. Sending warmest wishes that the new year brings only good things. Your card is very lovely. Nicola x

Meggymay said...

Sorry to read your sad news Daniele.
.I hope the coming year will be good for you.
Yvonne xx

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Daniele, I just happened to finally visit my favorite blogs and read your sad post. I am so sad to hear about your Mom. There are few things harder than losing your parents. I send my most sincere condolences!

Jean Hardy said...

Just read your post now Daniele and I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Will be thinking about you! Difficult times, even harder at Christmas. Many hugs, Jean x

Pat said...

So sorry to read your sad news Daniele, so hard to lose your Mum, I do hope that 2017 will be a better year for you and your family. Hugs.

Pat xx

Ally said...

Hi Daniele
It's a beautiful card you are showing us!
I am sorry to hear your Mum has passed away. No words can comfort or help, but I hope you know many people think of you and you are not alone. Sending you big hugs and strength <3
Lots of love, Ally