Monday 18 April 2011

On Safari............

Evening peeps, yesterday we took a day off from gardening and went on safari......lol, well we went to The Safari Park and you get to feed the animals when you drive around, they must be quite docile (I hope) as they come up to the cars to be fed, the only exceptions to feeding were the lions and a couple of others.....I don't know why!! they look sweet enough.....lol. Now you're also told not to feed the camels and boy are they big when they come up to the cars and they were so flippin' cheeky, they fix you with a stare and then the next minute they've stuck their heads in through the open window and snaffled anything that they can find, now I had got my food in the box on my lap and just abit in my hand one camel went round to my husbands side and he quickly shut the window and the naughty one came up to my side and stuck his head in and made a grab for the box of food on my lap, half eating my hand in the process........boy do they slobber and smell!!!!! at least we escaped,
I know I said I wanted to live life on the wild side but not that wild......but we had a lovely day and the sky is still blue again today and warm enough to melt all those Easter Eggs that we will be icing this week.....I'll have writers cramp or should that be icers cramp at least I've a couple of days off next week to finish the garden and I've promised myself to open my melt pot that I had for Christmas and have a play.....fingers crossed,(perhaps I should uncross them whilst pouring) I want to play with bees wax and I brought a mold of the Eiffel Tower a while back as an embellishment so I want to make some of those as well.......watch this space.Have fun this week all.................
hugs and a big thank you for your kind words of support, it means alot to me xx







Started feeding one and then several came over, all with hopefull eyes....


5 comments:

Meggymay said...

Looks like you had a super day out.

Netty said...

Terrific pictures Daniele and it looks as if you had a great time....despite old slobber chops....lol I still haven't used my melt pot.......I know, shame on me.....but next week am off to LB Crafts to learn about using beeswax so whoopee, at least I will be brewing the pot then....
Look forward to seeing your results my friend, just know they will be fab. Annette x

Tab said...

Fab pics, Daniele....looks like you had a great time!
Hugs Tab x

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun & entertaining time ;0)

love Dawn xx

Lynn Stevens said...

how cool, Love all the animals! looks like a wonderful time even if the camel did eat half the lunch!