Sunday 11 September 2011

Morning.......

Morning peeps, you can tell Christmas is fast approaching as we've got Strictly Come Dancing back on Saturday nights.......yay, I so love all the sequins and glitter, my favourite dance is the quick step. My parents used to be professional ballroom dancers and my dad even had a quick lesson on the train platform from Len Goodman when he came to judge at one of their competitions at their school of dance. Alas they never managed to turn us into dancers but it wasn't through the lack of trying.... my hubby is unteachable......talk about two left feet. So its feet up and watch it instead. Another favourite programme is Doctor Who so I had a great Saturday night watching my two fave programs whilst knitting another shawl for my new grandchild.......bliss.
Today I thought I'd show you a couple of cards I made for my Nephew and my daughters partner, he's a big Arsenal fan so I made one using the emblem which I layered but I couldn't resist adding a smidge of gold glitter......lol, the background paper is from A Polka Doodle Cd called Not for girls, although I'm sure there are lots of girls who love sporty cards, so its well worth a look.Kept the card very simple just added a sentiment.


My Nephew is a great golfing fan so I thought this image from Teddy Bo was perfect for him, now he had been complaining saying that this year was a nothing kind of birthday as he wasn't a teenager any more and his next birthday is his 21st. so I thought I'd add the number 4 on it for a giggle as I'm sure that this is a golfing term ......well I hoped it was. The papers are First Edition.....Hideaway, and the image and sky I coloured using Prisma Pencils.The sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly.



Challenges
Totally Gorjuss.......its a man thing.
Crazy 4 Challenges.......use the colours, orange, olive green, yellow and brown.
Jelly Park.....a card that is passed on.
Praire Fairy......anything masculine.
Crafty Creations......anything but square (Arsenal card).
Fab N Funky......something funny (golf card with the number 4).

Have a lovely Sunday, at least its not raining yet just very windy with some sun
fingers crossed I might get out into the garden later
hugs n smiles 

11 comments:

Fliss said...

Gorgeous cards Daniele, love them both for different reasons.
I loved the return of Strictly too and I felt rather sorry for Artem when he thought he'd got Edwina - the look on his face was priceless!

Haven't seen Dr Who yet as we had to tape it because my younger one is in Spain and she loves it too - it's the only programme we all watch together as my 2 girls are chalk and cheese (the older one likes Torchwood as her Dad and I do). We're big sci fi fans and Sarah prefers girly stuff.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Meggymay said...

Great male cards, Daniele, I'm looking forward to the new Strictly as well. Yvonne x

Jennifer Scull said...

love these 2 cards! being from the States, I had to have someone tell me what Arsenal is. sounds like it's fun to watch! ;)
thanks so much for joining us at Jellypark Friends for the 'pass it on' challenge. :)

Emma H said...

Great cards, I love that little golfing bear, too cute! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

Nana Donna said...

Great Arsenal card. Love the bit of glitter
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week

Scrappychick said...

Both atre wonderful! Love the adorable bear and the trim/punch over the die :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Fab'n'Funky, we hope to see you back and Good luck!
Cyndi

Kelly said...

Great card, love all the bling in the lettering. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Bettina L. said...

Such a great male card. Love that teddy bo;) Fab colours. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Bettina

Tip Top said...

Hehehe - I too like Dr Who but get a bit distracted so I just end up moving bits of paper around and not actually making anything! Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

Sara said...

Very nice, thanks for playing along with Jellypark!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Adorable card! Awesome one for the golfer guys!! Outstanding job!

Thanks for playing along with us at "Prairie Fairy Fridays" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx