Saturday 30 June 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow.........


Afternoon peeps hope you are all still afloat after the down pour we had the other day, think this summer will be on record as the wettest, just wish the sun would peek out and brighten up the day. Well I had a few days off and I must say it wasn't the best mini holiday I have had, spent most of it running back and forth from hospital, doctors and dentists. Found out that Mum has the same problem as myself with an under active Thyroid which also explains some of her symptoms for being tired all the time. Then on Thursday I had my PDR which I hate anyway and I was so upset that some one (presumabbly a member of staff) has made a remark about me that has gone on my PDR as part of I could do better section, that had me in tears for the best part of the day, now I've got to go back and put on a happy face......

.....Anyway enough of my ramblings at Sugar Creek Hollow this week we have the theme of .....VINTAGE CHILDREN, being as we are being sponsered by TLC Creations.......they gave us an image to play with which reminds me of the old Janet and John books that I had to learn to read with when I was little.


The winner gets $10 to spend in store

I printed the image on linen textured card and coloured it in using promarkers and prisma pencils, I then sprayed with Crafters Companion shine spray and then wiped Tea Dye distress ink over the top, wiping off the excess. The papers are from Prima and fit the theme perfectly.



Challenges
Party Time Tuesday......anything goes.
Bearly MIne.....anything goes.
Creative Inspirations.....anying goes.
Fab n Funky....cute and girly.
Creatalicious.....anything goes.
Charisma ....anything goes
Chocolate Coffee and cards......anything goes.
Totally Papercrafts.....use a digi

Hugs n' smiles

29 comments:

Meggymay said...

Oh my, love how you made this card, the linen papers and sewing are gorgeous to showcase the great image.
Try not to feel to low, some folk can be hurtful and not realise the full outcome.Tomorrow is always just another day.
yvonne x

Sue said...

Your card is stunning Daniele. The image is gorgeous - I can see what you mean about the Janet and John books!
Sorry to hear that you haven't have a great week, I hope things improve for you soon
Take care
Hugs Sue

JoAnne said...

Very sweet card Daniele! Sending you hugs...

Caroline said...

Hi Daniele gorgeous card love the linen papers and the image is fab. Hope everything get's better soon. Caroline xxx

JayBe said...

This is gorgeous, Daniele - I love the textured cardstock, it almost looks like canvas.

Sorry to hear about your week, hun - I hate PDRs. You know what they say ... 'things can only get better'. Let's hope so. Hugz, Jan xx

catherine said...

This is a fab card Danielle and love all the pieces on it. I have an under active thyroid also have for 12 years now.Thyroxine every day!!
Sorry to hear someone upset you- do hope you've got over it and enjoy the rest of the weeknd
x catherine

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Daniele, love the layout, the super image and all the elements. Hope you are feeling better today and enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

Claire said...

what a delightful card hun - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

Ephemera said...

Hi Danielle, what a fabulous card such a beautiful layout and loving the theme. Hope your feeling better now. Don't let them get you down, nowadays people seem to say want they want with no regard for how it may hurt others. Big Hugs. xx

Vicky said...

So beautiful Daniele...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Sharon said...

Aw I do hope you've cheered up now Daniele. xxx

Love the retro image and it's a fab card.xx have a lovely weekend.x

Vee said...

Hi Daniele,this is a really sweet card with a lovely image and colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. I hope you're feeling better now and have a great weekend.
Hugs
xx Vee

happyscrapper said...

This is a lovely vintage card. All the elements bring back wonderful memories. Thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Daniele, I like the images, the vintage look and design.
Kevin xx

Ally said...

poor Daniele, hope you feel a bit better! Life isn't easy at all times, is it?! Hope everything is getting back to normal soon for you!
Your card is really wonderful, love all the details that can be discovered!
good night, Hun!
Hugs, Alessandra

Laine said...

What a fabulous vintage card. I love all of the details, the image and the papers.
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Vicky said...

Beautiful, I love dolls houses, this is a really girly creation. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky x x x

Doreen said...

fantastic card Daniele. The image is adorable.
Big hugs
Doreen xx

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation hun! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog this week! xxx

NGCARDS said...

Also thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

carol said...

wonderful card, thanks for playing along with TOTALLY PAPER CRAFTS x Carol

Laney said...

Great card and great design!
Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
Laney

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Daniele how prety and vintage this is Hugs Elaine

Laura Bradley said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine! Laura x

Jackie said...

This is just so sweet, I love the muted colors and the pop of the bow. Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Stampalicious said...

this has a great vintage feel, love it, thank you for joining our challenge at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards, hugs, martina

Rach83 said...

Love all your elements, especially your stitched love sentitment. Great image too.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Be sure to check out our next challenge tomorrow.

Rachel x

Heather said...

Daniele~ Love how you colring your image, it is so vintagy!! Love the touch of buttons and stitching! Beautiful card!
Hugs
Heather

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh my, this is wonderful! Love the details and soft colors...then that pop of bold ribbon is perfect!