Tuesday 24 May 2011

seaside......

Morning peeps another glorious day today after all the rain and wind we had yesterday, although we badly need the rain, the garden is in full bloom far too early really, normally the roses come out in June but mine are already out. Todays altered frame I made on Sunday inspired by the challenge at The Craft Barn......using Gesso and the brilliant Zuzu who is on the design team for crafty Individulas. Why I used this image I don't know as I'm not into seagulls but I do love the colours so I got my Terra and viva metallic paints out and had a play. Haven't played with these in a while and I'd forgotten how delish the paints were....all sparkly and pretty.The image and frame is from Crafty Individuals, I've run out of frames now which is a nuisance as these frames are perfect for small projects......oh well I feel in need of some retail therapy, although I'm supposed to saving for my holls in July......so naughty!! but I have got a stinkin' cold and I'm feelin' sorry for myself and I'm sure that buying stash helps fights the fever.......lol.


Materials used
Frame and image from Crafty Individuals
The Seashells are from Cuddly Buddly and come as a trim, all you need to do is snip off what you want to use and then colour.
Viva Terra.....for the texture.
Viva Precious metals......colours, Turquoise,Blue Lagoon and Mother of Pearl.
Gesso for a wash over the image and priming the frame.
Freso paints for Terra......Pansy, Sky and Vintage lace from Paperartsy
Bubble stamp on the frame is from Paperarsty.
Metal corner is from Wild Orchid crafts
Pearls, diamonds and trim are from stash.


Challenges.
The Craft Barn......gesso.
Allsorts.....photo inspiration of a beach.
CES......use at least three different embellishments.
Sunday Stamper......diamonds and pearls.
Polka Doodles......anything but a card.
Stamp Something Friday......something with beachy colours.
Stampavie.....summer.

Thanks for taking a peek
I appreciate all your comments
Thankyou



16 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely take on the photo inspirartion Daniele.

Thank you for jopining my theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Hels Sheridan said...

gorrrgeous.. looks totally lush hun! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper. My peonies went bonkers earlier this month and bloomed at least 6 weeks early, along with a few roses... soooo, rain and wind broke them yesterday so they are now in the living room with said roses lol

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the embellishments you have used it looks fab!

Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Chrissie said...

Oh Daniele, this is absolutely stunning!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about it.
lol Chrissie xx

Angela Weimer said...

great project. Loving the colour and texture. thanks for sharing and ahve a great day. Angela

Zuzu's Blog said...

ooo nice nice nice. I love a bit of texture (as you know). thanks for the link stuck in there. appreciated xx

Sue said...

wow, absoluetly stunning Daniele:)

JJ
xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, this is so lush, such brilliant, shimmery colors - just gorgeous! Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a proven fact that buying stash greatly accelerates the recovery process for just about anything, LOL! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Meggymay said...

Wow, fabulous colours and card , those shells look great. Yvonne x

Gerri Herbst said...

I do love the sea and this is an amazing picture of it. So very beautiful and I adore the watery colors....

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Unknown said...

Lovely frame and of course you should spoil your self a little when you have a cold ;0)

Love Dawn xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic Card thankyou so much for joining in with our photo inspiration theme at Allsorts...

Emma xxx

Saskia said...

Wow... gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Anonymous said...

Well done, this is beautiful
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Isa