Saturday 19 March 2011

What a day........


Today I was at a class in Olney with the ever so taleneted Lin Brown, I so look forward to these classes.....my bit of me time, the weather was lovely when I got up although very frosty so I decided to go earlier than normal as there is a lovely courtyard cafe there that does a great cappucino, little did I know that I would be having a cappucino but instead of in Olney I had one at the services on the motorway at Northampton.....should have nipped in to see Annette, my exhaust had fallen off the car and I'd driven several miles with it dragging on the floor.....boy does it make a racket. So after I arrived at the services I phoned my hubby to tell him know I'd broken down.....so like a knight in shining armour he gets in his car to rescue me.......I'd only just finished my cappucino as he arrived, I just hope he doesn't get a speeding ticket as we live over 35 miles away from where I was stranded. Anyway he gives me the keys to his car and takes mine home so that I can continue with my journey and get to my class.........my hero, (and he had the exhaust mended for when I got home), every time I go to a class something happens, the previous time a stone flew up and cracked my window screen......the things we do for our art.

It was well worth it as the class was lovely and I had  a play with the new papers from Paper Artsy.....Thorndon Hall, as well as using the new distress stains, mind you if you see my fingers they certainly live up to their name as my fingers are purple and I'm off out toninght to my brother-in-laws 50th birthday bash......oh well I might start a new trend. The theme of the piece is Shabby Chic, I don't usually do purple projects apart from cards so I thought I'd go with a completely different colour scheme for me although I used Brushed Corduroy to add another dimension....doesn't show up so well in the photos. Also had a play with the new butterfly stamps from Tim Holtz.The buttons I alcohol inked to get them the same shades.





Oh well off to get ready soon for the party
have a great weekend
hugs from Daniele

5 comments:

Netty said...

Oh dear not a good start to your day of fun Daniele. I would have loved to have seen you. Instead I went to the market and bought some lace...
Your wonderful box of canvases is gorgeous. So pleased it all worked out OK in the end and you got home safe. Have a great party tonight. Annette x

Vicky said...

Oh hun! what a bad start to the day...but so pleased you got to your class in the end :o)

And what a gorgeous piece of art! I love it Daniele and I hope you have a fabby time tonight!

hugs Vicky xx

Meggymay said...

Poor you what a start to your day, still the piece you created is fabulous, love all the things you added. xx

Lynn Stevens said...

How did I miss this one?????
Oh my Daniele its Gorgeous!!!!!
hugs Lynn

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, it's definatly me I love this lots the colour and the frame mmmm.

Good job you have two cars. this would have been a nightmare if it was me, hubby doesn't drive (horror of horrors)I would have been stuck! but I so glad you wasn't this is so lovely

love Dawn xx