Wednesday 25 August 2010

Compendium of Curiosities....

Evening peeps ......will it never stop raining, its pouring it down again here again, and it feels like winter rather than late Summer lets hope we get a nice September, fingers crossed, I made this tag following the challenge over at Lindas, this week it'is Blended Batik.....never done this before or come to think of it I had never heard of it so I started this tag late Monday evening after getting back from the class I did at LB Crafts, hence the added metal arch....now there is a story as to why I had some metal left over as after cutting out the piece I needed for the arch it disappeared.....could I find it.... no, Lynne had a look, emptied out the rubbish bag, looked on the floor......and after we had given up looking and I did it again...there it was under my handbag how it got there is beyond me. Oh well I got to do it again and add it my tag I added a metallic embellishment which I coloured the centre with alchohol inks.....as I've said before I struggle with removing the colour from the metal that is raised, I end up taking off more colour than needed.....so I did this with a cotton wool bud, so much easier even if its not quite how I should do it. The flower was stamped with the caligraphy stamp that I used for the background tag.......I sneeked downstairs to use the iron (see technique in book) I felt guilty as my hubby had done the ironing whilst I was at class that day...what a sweetie.


Challenges
Compendium of Curiosities.......Page 36 Blended Batik.
Sunday Stampers.....Flowers.
Simon Says stamp and show.......Tim Holtz inspired.

10 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby tag, loving that metal :O)) Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper x

Meggymay said...

Wow, a fantastic tag, love your metal work

Terry said...

Love the tag, but the metal work is out of this world!

having a {me} day said...

Oooh, I love this! Gorgeous colours. keeleyxx

Lynne Forsythe said...

oh my....all that metal is WONDERFUL!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Dan said...

I love the batik technique, and you've used that metal wonderfully! :) Aren't classes at LB Crafts GREAT?! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, awesome job with the metal work. I love it!

Lynn Stevens said...

oh Daniele, This is stunning! awesome metal work!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, love all that metal. The batik background suits it well.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, wow, Daniele, this is STUNNING! Not only did you do the blended batik perfectly, your metal work is absolute genius! I'm very glad this piece hid so you could use it on your tag for the challenge-- it's wonderful!