Thursday 19 August 2010

My true love gave to me......

Morning, I'm a little bleary eyed this morning as we went to the cinema last night to see the Sorcerers Apprentice....it hasn't had any major advertising locally and the cinema was quite empty but its a really great family film.......10 out of 10 from me.
Todays couple of cards are from the new release of Christmas cards from Cuddly Buddly  and are designed by the talented Barbara Ann Williams, it was a great challenge doing these card for Kim as they are a little different in style to the usual cuteness, but the images lend themselves to be more creative. I layered and distressed the background plate adding gold embossing powder to parts of it, then the finishing emellishment are feathers which I glimmer misted in gold, now the feathers were kindly donated from a pair of wood pidgeons that I have had nesting in the garden for a few years now......they're real obliging birds so they got extra bread crumbs. Both images have been coloured in using distress inks with added red bling for the accents. Papers are all downloads and there are 4 packs to choose from....the colours are muted with deep vintage colours

day one....partridge in a pear tree




day 2........ turtle doves



two more days to follow tomorrow
thanks for taking a peek,
and I greatly appreciate your comment so a big thank you from me
hugs x

3 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

These are wonderful Daniele!
Clare x

Ali Watson said...

Super cards Daniele, love them. Hugs Ali x

Netty said...

They are great Daniele.
Annette x