Thursday 5 August 2010

Finished...

I've finished the card that was on my desk yesterday, first time I've made something for no reason other than the fun of it, I got up early yesterday and thought I'd have a play before I went to work ....I've started collecting dressmaker stamps after buying an antique newspaper from France last year called Le Petit Echo de la Mode printed on Dimanche 4 Mars 1906, its full of adverts and illustrations......I can't bare to cut it up so my son scanned it into his new fangled printer/scanner, did I tell you he's over the moon with it, something to do with resolutions, he scanned this part of the paper twice on different setting and was getting quite exited about the clarity of the print.....all double dutch to me I'm just happy I don't have to cut up my precious newspaper......anyway the dressmakers dummy is a stamp from Cherry Pie, the cupid image is a Lawrence Llwellyn Renaissance stamp which I sprinkled gold embossing powder on, the ruler stamp is from B line. I wanted to have a go at stamping on fabric so i inked and spritzed some calico and then stamped the background image ( B Line) onto it which I then frayed and stitched.




stitched the buttons and lace on.
The sewing thread card is a download from The Craft Stamper


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Thought I'd share the picture of the vintage newspaper with you so please download it here I'll post more pictures of the paper at a later date....so watch this space as they say...lol
Have fun and happy crafting
hugs from Daniele

8 comments:

Netty said...

Daniele, isn't it lovely to make something just for you. So much time is spent making for others and we get lost along the way. Your piece is beautiful and glad you had so much fun. Annette xx

BEARKIS said...

Много добра ретро композиция!

Meggymay said...

This is beautiful and you have the added bonus to keep it yourself. Thankyou for sharing a piece of your vintage paper. xx

Minxy said...

yep i was right, it turned into a fab piece of art...love it, and thanks for the download.. loving that :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow Daniele, playing really agrees with you! What a wonderful piece and Thank you for the fashion page!

Zoechaos said...

Thank you this is very generous of you and so on theme just at the moment vintage sewing great look. xx Zoe

Sarah said...

I love this! I love the colors and the images....gorgeous! Thanks for the download...love that, too!!

PepPop said...

Great idea for not cutting up your newspaper - it's so old I couldn't do it either. Great card. Jaqui x