Monday 10 January 2011

Journey.....


Haven't played with metal for a while so I thought I'd have a go and also JoAnne from Vintage Dragonfly had asked me to do a mini tutorial how to make the embelishment using the bottle cap....think shes putting it on her blog Tuesday. I used gold metal for the squished diamond panel and then used rust and pesto alchohol ink to add colour to the metal
                                    



The image of the car has been stamped with sepia nd the I used distress inks to add colour....the stamp is by Elusive images, and is from an A4 plate called Edwardian Men.After I had coloured the image I used distress crackle on the top for a more glazed effect. The word Journal is from Dark Room Door....Venetian collection which were the first set of stamps I brought.



The background was made by stamping the cog image from The Artistic Stamper then using clear embossing powder, I then distressed the background using tea dye and forest distress inks.


Challenges
Sunday Stamper......diamonds.
Papercutz....use something metal.
Stampin B......something old and something new (old....Journey stamp, new Car stamp).
Alphabet.....J for Journey.
Rainbow lady....its all new to me (made the embellishment)
Pollycraft......use new something (car stamp).

Thanks for taking a peek
and if you leave a comment I'd like to thank you
many thanks x

13 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Great card love the metal and the embellishments are super. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Jen said...

An unusual and very striking card. Love the metallic look. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Jen x

Meggymay said...

Wow, love your metalwork, its a great card Daniele. xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card Daniele... loving the metal diamonds :O) Thanks for joining in with the SUnday sTamper x

Benzi said...

Wow! What a fabulous card. I love that diamond panel...just super.
Thanks for joining the Stampin B's old/new challenge this week.

Netty said...

Great card Daniele and am loving your metal diamonds. Annette x

Diane said...

Haven't visited in a long time,but I see you haven't lost your touch!
Such a beauty Daniele!

Unknown said...

This is really pretty, love the embossed metal

minnie_mac said...

Brilliant card. Love all the elements.

Marilyn

Annie said...

what a stunner Daniele! you are so clever with the AI and the vintage look.
hugs, annie x

PepPop said...

Fantastic work - I love the gold punched panel. Jaqui x

made by fifi said...

brill card -thank you for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Lynsey said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x