Tuesday 13 July 2010

It kinda developed.....

For this weeks challenge at L3 Studios....compendium of Curiosities is embossing with ....you guessed it embossing powder but not your ordinary one you have to use Distress Embossing powder, I must confess that I only have the one which is black soot but it lends itself for the silohuette effect that I wanted for this stamp which is from Paper Artsy, you get a lovely grunge texture effect when you rub your finger over the top of the raised area, the background of the tag was distressed with Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Mahoghany and a smidge of dried straw, I then spritzed the tag with Irr. gold glimmer mist......the effect I wanted was a kinda sunset with the dying heat of the sun as it sets.Then instead of leaving it at that I got a bit carried away and added a stamped suitcase (B Line stamp) onto acetate and laid it over the top of  the tag and made a flap by securing one side with eyelets, the flower stamp is from this months Craft Stamper mag....yummy or what the stamp I mean....great flower, I cut the petals and rolled them to get a more dimensional flower, added a ticket from Mr Holtz and a gold Fleur de Lys to finish off the tag you can lift the flap up and then put a photo under it.......




Challenges

Everybody Art......Holidays.
Studio L3...Compendium......distress embossing on P43.
Cupcake......use acetate.
If the shoe fits.....Vacation.
Gingersnap Creations......Heat.
Creative Inspirations.....on the move, i.e.Travel.

Weather here is wet so that means I don't feel guilty for being in my craft room, my hubby has agreed to put me some shelves up soon as all the space I had previously made is getting full again.....well as you all know you can never have too much stash.

25 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful tag. Quite a few have used the black embossing powder and I must say I'm liking it. Your image is lovely and I like the added ticket. Wonderful. Tracy Evans x

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful tag. I love the colours and stamps.

Sue said...

This is lovely, I bet you needed a lie down after all that lol.
That Craft Stamper stamp is fab - I never really use my freebies, but this one might just make it out of the box x

Linda Ledbetter said...

My, oh my, Daniele, you ROCKED this challenge-- your tag is a masterpiece! Not only does the Distress Ink look fab, the tag design is awesome! I love the eyelets and all your cool embellishments, and the glimmer mist looks so good I want to spray it all over everything I make from now on.

Guess it's obvious: I LOVE this! Bravo!

Netty said...

This is gorgeous Daniele, great design and textures. Love it. Annette xx

JoAnne said...

Hi Daniele,
Absolutely beautiful! What an exquisite tag! Thanks for stopping by. I'm following you now, hope you'll stop back and do the same.
xoJoAnne

Sherry said...

Wow - love your tag, the colours, stamping, and well, just everything really!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so pretty. I LOVE the bits on the side with the eyelets; makes it so unique. Nice work!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Daniele, what a brilliant tag. I love the colours you've used and the acetate overlay looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lori said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the colors, the stamped images are awesome, gotta love those Paper Artsy stamps! The ribbon on the sides gives a very cool effect.

MagsB said...

Wow, this is amazing. A real work of art, and so inspirational! The colouyrs are beautiful.

Marnie Blum said...

Lovely piece, very nice.

Laura said...

Really scrummy. Looks really romantic too. Paris at sunset. Thanks so much for playing along at Gingersnaps.

Unknown said...

Hi ya hunny,

Love your tag! Paris is my fave. I only have one colour of DEP too but may have to get more lol

Love DAwn xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wonderful embossing, luv the tag and the ribbons on the side!

CuddlyBunny said...

So nice! Excellent depth of color and image choice!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous tag.
luv
Debby

Terry said...

This is just so lovely! Beautiful colors and images!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! i just love it! thanks for joining us on our vacation at the Shoe!!!

Zoechaos said...

Very special tag the Eifel tower looks fabulous embossed the CS flower adds romance and everything else lifts the tag to a whole new place beyond fabulous. xx Zoe

Helen said...

I love this, you have done this superbly.

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Heat Challenge!

Sandi M said...

Your tag is gorgeous - wonderful colors. Congrats on winning #5 :)

Netty said...

CONGRATULATIONS DANIELE, a worthy winner. Annette x